3 Beat Song
Ludwig will show you how he keeps the beat of a song where the beats have been measured into groups of Three.
Ludwig’s baton makes a Triangle shape in the air.
He lowers his arms on the first beat of each bar.
A dance that uses a three beat pattern is called a Waltz.
Here is the audio track for the 3 Beat Song.
Watch Ludwig conducting the 3 Beat Song.
1 Beat = walk = 1/4 note or crotchet
Ludwig’s 3 Beat Song
Exercise / Activity
- Copy Ludwig’s action of conducting a 3 beat song.
- Listen to the song several times and join in the singing as you conduct the song.
- When you listen to the tracks on the LISTENING LIST in THE EXTENSIONS try and recognise another 3 beat song.
You could ask family or friends to join in with the 3 BEAT SONG using PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS.
- One person could use a shaker for the PULSE BEAT.
- One person could use a drum for the ACCENT BEAT.
- One person could use clap sticks for the LINE PATTERNS.
Experiment to find out which instruments sound best for each pattern.