2 Beat Song
Ludwig will show you how he keeps the beat of a song where the beats have been measured into groups of Two.
Ludwig’s baton makes a V shape in the air.
He lowers his arms on the first beat of each bar.
It can be called the down beat.
It has another name the accent beat which is also shown by the red heart.
Here is the audio track for the 2 Beat Song.
Watch Ludwig conducting the 2 Beat Song.
1 Beat = walk = 1/4 note or crotchet
Ludwig’s 2 Beat Song
Exercise / Activity
- Copy Ludwig’s action of conducting a 2 beat song.
- Listen to the song several times and join in the singing as you conduct the song.
- When you listen to the tracks on the LISTENING LIST in THE EXTENSIONS try and recognise another 2 beat song.
You could use BODY INSTRUMENTS and join in with the 2 BEAT SONG.
- You could clap your hands with the PULSE BEAT or
- You could stamp your foot with the ACCENT BEAT or
- You could sing Lah for the LINE PATTERNS.